[RndTbl] Shaw now blocking SMTP port 25

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue May 22 21:02:18 CDT 2007

Shaw is now blocking OUTGOING port 25 (SMTP) to anything except their own
mail server (shawmail.wp.shawcable.net).  This is similar to what MTS did
about a year ago.

This is only affecting one of my customers right now, so you may or may
not be affected already.  The Shaw rep says that it should be affecting
all non-business-class customers.  Obviously that's baloney because my
personal home system still has working port 25 access.

Incoming port 25 appears to be open (unlike MTS which for some retarded
reason thinks incoming port 25 is a spam risk).

As when MTS did this, I think it's complete nonsense and a clear example
of net bigotry.  Complain to your Shaw rep today!