[*] Polycom IP400

Kevin D Scott kevinds at cashette.com
Fri Apr 7 04:18:02 CDT 2006

Greetings,

Does anybody on here have experience with Polycom's IP400 phones?

I've got a 301, 400, and 500.  When first setting these phones up, I made
the mistake offsetting all the phones to use the same FTP account, which
caused the IP400 to download 3.1.3 of the BootRom and wipe out its SIP
application files.

Does anybody have or know where to find a copy of SIP software 1.0.x?

I have tried all versions of 1.2.x, 1.3.x, 1.4.x, 1.5.x and 1.6.x that I can
find.  A couple of them, the phone took, but would not boot with, but most,
the phone would not download at all.

Polycom won't talk to me, as I am not a Certified Reseller/Installer, ect.

Can anybody assist?

One other issue, probably simple, does anybody know of a place to set
Asterisk to keep all SIP traffic going through it?  Due to SIP wanting to
send the media stream from device to device, I'm having NAT issues (I
think).  If dialing the 4 digit extension assonated with the phone from my
LAN, call works fine.  If one of the phones is outside my LAN, the call will
ring the phone, but dead air is heard on both sides.  If the outside phone,
phones a DID mapped to a LAN phone, call is fine, and vice-versa.  My
termination right now is done only via IAX for this reason.   My Asterisk
box has 2 NIC's, one with a Public IP and one with a Private IP.  The
outside phone is on a Private IP, DMZ'd.  This setting (to keep all SIP
traffic going through my Asterisk box), I believe will also fix my IPKALL
issue I'm having.   (nat=yes has no effect)

Thanks for your time and help,

Kevin