[RndTbl] RHEL latest package?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Jul 20 05:35:02 CDT 2024

I finally gained access to the documentation for RHEL for a
dedicated-hosting RHEL server I work on.

But I find it hard to figure out where to go in there to find much of
anything.  And google doesn't seem to index what it is I need, maybe
because of the paywall?

I'm trying to figure out 2 things:

1. How can I tell what is the latest rpm/version RH has put out for httpd?
I'm talking stock RHEL-supplied, not IUS/EPEL or whatever 3rd party.  I
know in Fedora this would be simple with bodhi/koji and/or simple rpmfind.

2. How can I tell if my RHEL box is setup to receive updates?  Dnf works
to install packages, but no updates seem to be coming across?  I'm a bit
worried because of the recent not-so-great apache/httpd bugs.  I know RH
has all this subscription stuff I normally don't have to mess with with
Fedora, and I like to think the dedicated hoster set this all up properly,
but I'm not sure how to tell.

Thanks!