[RndTbl] recommendations for 4k video card under Linux

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Thu May 3 01:56:21 CDT 2018

On 2018-05-01 Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> exploring, and I may delay the journey for as long as I can. As for
> vdpau, given the lack of feedback in the X logs, I can't tell if it's
> there or not. It's not showing up in lsmod, if it's supposed to

If you can install mplayer easily, this should tell you (me!):

mplayer -vo help |grep vdpau

but maybe also test:

mplayer -vo vdpau foobar.mp4

and look for a line like:
VO: [vdpau] 640x480 => 640x480 Planar YV12

If you don't have vdpau support, the VO will be something else, or
nothing will play at all.

> cp /home/<username>/.config/monitors.xml /var/lib/lightdm/.config/

Thanks!  I'll try that.