[RndTbl] [Board] NFS problems

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 13:42:28 CDT 2018

Odd.

I have an unprivileged account in FreeNAS ("vmware") and corresponding
group. I removed all of the volumes/NFS shares, then recreated them and
used the "Change Permissions" button like you suggested to assign "vmware"
the permissions and ownership. Then I changed the NFS configuration to map
all NFS access to vmware/vmware.

I still get mountd logging "mount request succeeded", and ESXi reports
"Can't connect to NFS server".

showmount -e shows
/mnt/data/stuff             Everyone

I tried configuring the share to "Map root user to..." and alternately
tried "Mapall users to...", and nothing changed.

Surely it's something trivial I've overlooked?