[RndTbl] NFS problems

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Tue Jul 10 11:36:21 CDT 2018

Permissions.  No joke...  Root isn't root when NFS is involved.  Don't
bother trying to get ESXi to try operating as non-root, as easily fly to
the moon by flapping your arms.  Instead configure a host-specific
override on FreeNAS mapping root to a real user on FreeNAS that owns the
volume/subvolume/share.  Manually chown/chmod if necessary.

(Storage -> select the shared volume, then the left-most icon at the
bottom is "Change Permissions".)

-Adam