[RndTbl] NFS problems

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:54:15 CDT 2018

Okay, so something *is* listening on port 2049 of <FreeNAS-IP> (confirmed
with netstat -an4).

I can ping both ways successfully.
Both machines are on the same physical switch.
Both are on the same subnet, same netmask, etc.
Source (VMware ESXi) says "Unable to contact NFS server"
ESXi firewall disabled with " esxcli network firewall set --enabled false "
FreeNAS /var/log/messages has three entries like
mountd[pid]: mount request successful from <IP> for <mountpoint>

This is really annoying. What else can I try/check?