[RndTbl] Out of Disk Space

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Apr 28 04:41:20 CDT 2018

On 2018-04-22 Frank H wrote:
> My main os is partitioned for 89GB which has typically been plenty in
> the past.Running KDE Neon stable It was out of space and locking up
> so I booted into another partition and ran baobab against it. It says
> 65 GB is the size of home but the graphic and detailed list don't
> show the whole picture. Only about 6GB. Any ideas? Thanks,Frank

No one jumped on this yet?

Almost certainly (assuming baobab isn't buggy) there's a/some huge
file/files in your home dir itself, not a subdir.  Try:

ls -ailSrh /home/frank

If that doesn't show you some honkin' files, then try:

ls /home/frank |wc -l

and see if you get a silly number of smaller files (like thousands+).
Even then, they'd have to be pretty big files.