[RndTbl] Linux in Azure

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Wed May 10 16:32:07 CDT 2017

Thanks everyone who attended my Linux on Azure presentation last evening,
but I guess I gave my presentation a day early. Microsoft just announced
today (at Build) a bash shell built into the Azure portal!

Now instead of spinning up a linux virtual machine, or installing azure cli
on your linux laptop, you can instead use bash to manage your entire Azure
environment right from any browser.

Plus, an Azure app for iOS and Android was also announced and it also
includes the bash shell so you can use bash to manage Azure from a mobile
device.

Would have made a great demo. Perhaps at a future meeting.

And just a side note, Azure bash shell has been released before the
PowerShell module.

--
John Lange