[RndTbl] Big-endian RAID5 recovery problem

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Mon May 1 17:12:23 CDT 2017

On 2017-05-01 17:03, Robert Keizer wrote:
> Device passthrough in a VM? Could set endianess of whatever you want
> depending on what you load.

I thought of that just a short while ago... two problems I can see so
far:
  1) speed - I'd have to use QEMU (*not* QEMU-KVM) to emulate the CPU in
software, so performance would be horrible.
  2) the only distros that even have a snowball's chance of booting in
QEMU appear to be Ubuntu-PPC and some mythical Linux-MIPS distro that I
can't find.  And both of those appear to be highly problematic, since
QEMU isn't exactly mainstream!

If you know of refutations of either of those, I'd love to hear about
it!

-Adam