[RndTbl] Small switch recommendation.

Theodore Baschak theodore at ciscodude.net
Fri Jun 2 12:38:31 CDT 2017

Based on the prices of new items that meet your needs,
I'd almost recommend buying a Cisco Catalyst 3560-48TS -- 48+ gigabit ports
(48+SFPs). I picked up one for around $200 shipped for my birthday in late
2016.
I also picked up an HP Procurve 2910al-48 for around the same price, its
also got 48 gigabit ports + some SFPs, SNMP, CLI, etc.

The only drawback on the HP stuff is the spanning-tree on the Procurve is
pretty funky when you enable it (its not enabled by default), I would
recommend against mixing these with other vendors.