[RndTbl] Linux "write"

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Mon Jul 3 01:44:16 CDT 2017

On 2017-07-02 Adam Thompson wrote:
> Surely *one* of them will meet your needs?  And if not those, "dnf
> search terminal" should return about a hundred more.

I guess I should have reworded my question to: what's your favorite
terminal, and can you quickly check if it does my 3 must-have
requirements.  Ya, a bit lazy on my part, but also good to see what the
MUUG old hands have decided/perfected over the years.

I've tried a few other terms over the years, but they always lack one
of my must-haves or have some major flaw.  g-t is actually *very* nice,
if they would just stop deleting code (the cause of every grievance I've
ever filed)!!!

This, from the gnome bz I referenced, sums out their attitude: "decide
which ones are still relevant on _modern systems_, and remove the rest".