[RndTbl] cheap Windows Servers?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Feb 21 17:53:05 CST 2017

Bit off topic, but if anyone knows, it's MUUGers...

Does anyone know a source for cheap, older, *legit* Windows Server
servers?  I'm looking for something that includes the hardware and the
O/S.  Obviously to be legit the license would have to be OEM (with COA) or
FPP (full retail box), and not corporate bulk/blanket licensing.

The minimum O/S version level acceptable Windows Server 2008 64-bit or R2.

I need the dirt cheapest solution, like dirt dirt cheapest.  They can be
beat up, low ram, junk cpu, etc; just has to work and be cheap.  By cheap
I mean like under $250.  Surely Server 2008 is old enough now that the
2007-2010 level of hardware is basically only good for recycling now?

Alternatively I could also use cheap used FPP copies of Server alone (no
hw), which I think would be legit to buy used(?).  Obviously OEM wouldn't
be.

<crosses fingers>  Thanks!