[RndTbl] "Let's Encrypt" by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG)

David Dyck dndyck6 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:07:15 CST 2017

I've used letsencrypt for a while, on a few sites. Everything they do seems
to be, for the most part, completely in line with their goal of making the
entire web HTTPS. They focus a great deal on ease of setup, so that anyone
and everyone can start using HTTPS. You download a program, run it, select
which sites, and you're done. It auto-renews the certificates as they're
about to expire, etc. Automatic integration with apache and (I think)
nginx. I don't know how this measures up with other free certs, but of all
the ones I've tried, it certainly was the easiest to set up.

Keep in mind, though, all my experience with it is anecdotal, and I know
very little about who they actually are, aside from what they do.