[RndTbl] Anyone have any Captive Portal set-up experience?

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Wed Sep 21 06:50:45 CDT 2016

I believe all of their hardware routers come with at least a level 4 license.
Bandwidth should drive the decision.
Note also that Mikrotik sells routers with built-in WiFi quite cheaply, even their access points are technically routers IIRC.
There are a couple of Canadian resellers, I've had more luck with Xagyl but others have the opposite experience.
Even the cheaper models can likely do the job, but I would spring for one of the CCR models rather have have to replace it again soon.
Personally, I'm partial to a pfSense + Ubiquity solution instead, but all-Mikrotik should work well too.

-Adam