[RndTbl] Anyone have any Captive Portal set-up experience?

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Mon Sep 12 15:09:21 CDT 2016

Unfortunately, that's a dog's breakfast of consumer-grade hardware that should never have been installed in a commercial setting in the first place.

Shaw's offering is actually a pretty good price, surprisingly.

He could buy a pfSense/Netgate SG-2440 to replace the (p.o.s., IMHO) RV320 and get captive portal functionality built in.
I would replace all the wireless with Ubiquity.
But obviously the hotel doesn't want to spend any actual money on this, so...
Grab an old PC, put 3 NICs in it, install pfSense Community Edition, and off to the races.

-Adam