[RndTbl] Ubuntu desktop vs server.

Justin Richard meegwetch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 13:18:01 CDT 2016

Hi. I'm honing to sound like a total noob here but please have patience I'm
trying like hell to catch up. Lol.

I'm about to setup Rsync to transfer files to a backup machine.

So I'm looking around the internet for people's best practices and
opinions. I'm noticing that many of the admins are doing things in a combo
of GUI in desktop and cmd line opposed to strictly cmd line in server.

I'm from the Windows world and I think that having a point and click
environment would help me move quicker.

Can you guys tell me why I wouldn't want to use Ubuntu desktop? Or is there
a better desktop to use for admin tasks?

Thanks in advance.

Justin.