[RndTbl] Current and recent cool-running Intel and AMD CPU's

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Wed Oct 12 07:40:31 CDT 2016

Does anyone here know how to accurately identify current and recent
cool-running Intel and AMD CPU's by their model/chip designations?  I hope
the family of cool-running CPU's that started with Intel Centrino and AMD
Turion still exists.

All 3 of my well-dated laptops (2006-2009) have AMD Turion x64 dual-core
CPU's, and those laptops are still running quite cool and quietly with the
fan only occasionally kicking in.  In the meantime, my friends and
colleagues with laptops featuring high performance high GHz CPU's have
heat-fried quite a few of them, typically with a 2-3 year lifespan.

So, if and when I shop laptops again, I'd like to continue with
cool-running CPU's.  (Yes, I know there's a GPU heat issue as well.)

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331, +1-204-515-1701, +1-204-515-1700,
+1-810-471-4600, +1-909-361-6005