[RndTbl] latest kernel needs setcap even as root??

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Nov 29 04:42:38 CST 2016

Hold that thought... it looks like there's something majorly amiss with
the new kernel.  My first test after setcap succeeded, but my
subsequent tests all fail with the original error.  Even if I wipe the
cap and reset it, and/or reboot, I just get the original error now.

I have proof in my scrollback buffer, however, that this did work
once, so I know I'm not nuts...  Very strange.  I'll come up with a
small test script and see if someone else can reproduce this.