[RndTbl] apache logging full path of script run?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Thu Mar 31 18:06:59 CDT 2016

Does anyone know if you can make apache log the full path to a hit (i.e.
script run or jpg served up).  It logs the basedir-relative path by
default it seems:

52.10.199.91 - - [31/Mar/2016:18:02:16 -0500] "GET /index.phtml HTTP/1.1" 200 9024 "http://72.3.247.85:80" "Go-http-client/1.1"

Instead of /index.phtml I'd like to see:

/var/www/html/app1/index.phtml

One might say, ah, but you know where index.phtml lives, so just use find
or something.  In this case it doesn't help me because I serve up 1 of
about 5 different index.phtml depending on whether the hit is https,
"dev", "live", "demo" (hostname, vhosts, etc).

I don't want to use separate log files, as I'd have a ton of them, and
eyeballing them all for discrepancies would be a pain.

Also, I think the "GET /index.phtml" doesn't even have to represent a
file, I think that's just the raw URI.  I do use mod_rewrite a lot in some
parts and it would be nice to have it log the final file it decides to
serve up, not just the URI that might get hacked and mangled.

Thanks!