[RndTbl] strange IMAP / G3 problem

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Mar 8 12:39:00 CST 2016

On 2016-03-08 Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> This may be a dumb question, but have you tried deleting the settings
> for that mail server from the 4S, and reconfiguring it from scratch?
> Does the problem persist after that? It sounds like something got
> hosed in iOS's settings. While I haven't seen exactly this problem, I
> have on previous occasions seen problems go away when reconfiguring a
> server's settings.

Ya, we thought about that, especially with cert "memory", and have
tried hosing the whole account a few times and starting from scratch.
No joy.

The test to the completely new/different test server achieved the same
result, anyhow.

It sure is a big mystery!  When we first started fighting with this I
thought the carrier was doing something weird, but now I'm convinced
it's just Apple being stupid Apple (or a strangely broken phone).  I
won't be surprised if someone else with a 4S tries our test and it
fails too.