[RndTbl] server space

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Tue Jan 26 23:46:52 CST 2016

> Ah!  I didn't know you were doing this.  OK, so at least one local person
can compete on price.

Thanks, Adam.  I'm terrible at marketing myself, and that's in addition to
the Winnipeg stinginess and tirekicking practises.  I don't just compete on
price - I offer good service and consulting too (can I reference you, Dr.
Dan Martin?), and that iDigital server with an SSD has stunning
performance, along with iDigital's low latency to/from Winnipeg.  I can't
offer much disk space per dollar on the SSD, though.

> Shame on Hartmut (and iDigital) for not being IPv6-ready, though ;-).

Yes, I agree!  Now admittedly, I haven't checked iDigital thoroughly in
recent months on this topic, because my customers don't seem to care
either.  Like I say on my site, the world move to IPv6 is going very
sluggishly.

> [Switching hats momentarily:] It would be really nice if someone would do
something like this but on a network connected to MBIX...

I would love to do more with Winnipeg infrastructure, but my queries over
the years have gotten me nowhere.  If I can do something with MBIX, I'm
open to this.  So far, I am just the annual auditor of MBIX's books.  :)

My main love right now is offering VoIP telephony services, but there too,
my most co-operative infrastructures are not in Winnipeg.  My single best
one is in Toronto (with servers elsewhere too), but at least we get a 40 ms
latency to/from Toronto and very low jitter with them, so the VoIP service
works very well.

Oops, I poured out a bit (too much?) of my heart at this opportunity.

Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331, +1-204-515-1701, +1-204-515-1700,
+1-810-471-4600, +1-909-361-6005