[RndTbl] server space

Ian itschaotic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 23:41:22 CST 2016

Thanks for all the input folks. I'm grateful for what looks to be a good
solution all round.

I'm not familiar with HostGator. The guy that I've used for many years has
been great. I wouldn't be leaving if he wasn't shutting that part of his
business interests down.

I'll be in touch Hartmut. Thanks again.
Cheers!

On 26 January 2016 at 21:33, Hartmut W Sager <hwsager at marityme.net> wrote:

> Hi all, but especially Ian,
>
> I am local, and a MUUG member since about 1988, and a small-time Winnipeg
> schmuck who might be able to fill your need.  Phone me anytime (like right
> now) - 24/7 is safe for phoning.  My official hosting offerings are shown
> at (lowest price is $4 per month):
>
> http://www.canadagarden.net/CanadaGarden_CWH-VPS-1_HostingPrices.HTML
>
> And yes, I have ex-HostGator customers.  :)
>
> My more general presence is at:
>
> http://www.marityme.com/
>
> Hartmut W Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331, +1-204-515-1701, +1-204-515-1700
>

> On 26 January 2016 at 17:43, Adam Thompson <athompso at athompso.net> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, while the desire to support someone locally is good, even
>> if I were still in business as a service provider, I would tell you in good
>> conscience to take your business to one of the many, MANY nearly-free
>> website hosting operators out there.
>>
>> Even GoDaddy (who I don't normally trust to even execute 1+1=10
>> correctly) offers basic website hosting for $5/month.
>>
>> HostPapa (canadian) are $4/month.
>>
>> There's also (still in Canada) iPage, iWeb, SKGoldHosting,
>> BlueBirdHosting ($0 !?),  ToonieHosting.ca... just make sure you do some
>> research and make sure your chosen hosting partner isn't complete and utter
>> garbage.
>>
>> I'm guessing you're with HostGator right now, based on your nameservers.
>> Obviously you're not happy with them, which ... well... doesn't surprise me.
>>
>> I don't think (but I could be wrong) that anyone local will even come
>> close to touching $5/month for hosting a website.  Especially if you need
>> to transfer the domain name, too.
>>
>> -Adam
>>

>> On 16-01-26 02:31 PM, Ian wrote:
>>
>> I need to move my simple website sometime soon. I'd prefer to support
>> someone locally. Please offer some suggestions.
>> Ian Timshel
>>
>> http://www.timshels.com
>>
>> --
>> Ian