[RndTbl] at command

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sun Feb 28 00:01:14 CST 2016

On 2016-02-27 Daryl F wrote:

> > sh: line 69: warning: here-document at line 68 delimited by
> > end-of-file (wanted `marcinDELIMITER04dba0c8') /bin/sh:
> > 1marcinDELIMITER04dba0c8: ambiguous redirect
> >
> I thought I'd seen that here-doc delimiter before. It's standard for
> the at command. When entered at the command line the at command puts
> the user's input in a here-document for the atd to execute.

Thanks to all who helped (jd, come visit us at a meeting sometime)!  I
left a complete disk scan for marcinDELIMITER running and came back and
independently ran across the exact same thing as Daryl just before I
read his reply! Nailed it!

Yes, from the disk scan, hexdumping all the results for my perusal, an
odd one stood out.  Byte offsets + debugfs reverse decoding allowed me
to determine that string is used in /usr/bin/at!  WTF?  Searching that
substring (without the hex after it, hence why I didn't find it before)
led me to the same bz.

Phew, so it's not some guy named marcin p0wning me.  It probably is an
at job I wrote ages ago that somehow messed up the incredibly lame and
odd way that at is handling this stuff.  Perhaps it was an at job I
moved over from my old 32b box to the new 64b install and at is unhappy
with such a raw migration.  Now I have to remember what the at job was
about, and I almost exclusively use at for notes-to-self reminders!

That's some great memory there Daryl remembering that odd delimiter...
I knew MUUGers would be able to help!  Of course, I doubt I'll ever
forget it now, too; after being bitten by it.