[RndTbl] RJ12 jack

Robert Dyck rbdyck2 at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 19 20:33:14 CST 2016

I have a customer who needs some parts fixed. She bought a pair of used
tanning beds. They don't work. Fixing that isn't what I do, but this
customer actually pays. One of the employees brought a circuit board
with an RJ12 jack. The jack was yanked out. I tried to straighten, but
couldn't. Tried to desolder to losen it, but then the jack came apart. I
need a new jack.

This is a phone jack. RJ11, RJ12, and RJ14 all use the same plastic.
RJ11 = 6P2C (6 pole, 2 contacts)
RJ12 = 6P6C
RJ14 = 6P4C

The cables all have 4 wire, but the jack has 6 solder points. It has 2
plastic posts, and the wires go through holes in the circuit board.

I first looked at Active Electronics website, but the only ones they
have use punchdown connections. Where would I get one that solders?

Rob Dyck