[RndTbl] partial PS use?

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Mon Feb 15 15:51:34 CST 2016

I think even the AT spec wanted to see a PWR_OK signal or it could shut itself down.  I could be wrong, and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.  Worst case, you just need to splice two wires together when you hack off the connector.

Even AT-eta supplies had adequate internal protection against, e.g. bursting into flames, I wouldn't worry too much about that.  They did often have big electrolytic caps, though, *those* could potentially be a problem regardless of unbalanced power draw.

-Adam
-Adam