[RndTbl] is a font free?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Feb 13 19:52:01 CST 2016

Is there a way to tell if a font is free?  A designer gave me some fonts
that their web page should use (css font-face src) but I have no idea if
these files are free or not.

One of the fonts is Myriad Pro Regular.  From the net I can see it's easy
to download, but that doesn't mean anything.  Wikipedia says it's included
with Adobe stuff, but that doesn't mean it's free.

a) Does anyone know if this font is free for anyone to embed in their web
site?

b) Is there a generic way to tell if a font is free or not?

c) Does anyone care?  (My use scenario puts it on an important (read:
sue-able) enterprise web site, so I may have to care a bit more than Joe
Shmoe might.)

Thanks!