[RndTbl] big scanner

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed May 27 15:44:55 CDT 2015

On 2015-05-26 Kevin McGregor wrote:
> which while free (I won it) BLEEDS INK CONSTANTLY. The ink is not
> cheap, and the unit seems to do a cleaning cycle of some kind daily
> while on standby, which I guess uses a ton of ink.

I have the same Brother as Adam.  I think I've had it 2-3 years now?
I've changed the ink *once* (just 1-3 months ago) in it in that time --
and that was with the "starter" ink set!  It gets very little print use
(it's actually my cheap tabloid scanner).  It cleans itself once a week
(maybe two). It seems to use very little ink to clean, like under 1%.
That's a small price to pay for a printer that will work when you need
it, and not have useless dried-out heads like Canons and HPs.