[RndTbl] RHEL/CentOS 7 rpm -e

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed May 13 01:05:41 CDT 2015

To follow on Gilbert's RHEL7 firewalld, chrony, etc, questions.  I also,
on every new Fedora box (except basic single-user laptops, etc), ditch
NetworkManager, and change MTA back to sendmail.  That last one is tricky
as the supported way is a bit weird (but easy when you know the trick):

alternatives --config mta

Make sure you have sendmail rpm's installed first.  After you switch to
sendmail you can rpm -e the postfix stuff.

Yes, my boxes are all pretty much Redhat 9.0 (*pre-RHEL*!!!) plus systemd.
Just the way I like it!  The things that are supposed to make our lives
"simpler" or "better" just get in the way, slow me down, introduce new
bugs, make me learn a whole new set of quirks, and force me to forget the
old.  All pain, and no gain.  Change for change's sake.  Windows anyone?