[RndTbl] Solaris/UNIX root-like file access

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Mon May 4 09:59:31 CDT 2015

I suppose I could put a new ACL on every file/directory on the system.
Presumably there's a way to just add it to the top level and have it
propagate all the way down. But then again this is Solaris 11, which is
exclusively ZFS, and there are *many* file systems. It would be hard to
ensure every file system (and descendants) *always* gets the "backup" ACL
added to it in a timely fashion.

That's why I was wondering if there was a "Backup Operator" type of group.
I suspect there isn't such a thing. Likely my only option is the "backup
ACL" approach, manually marking everything readable by the backup account I
choose. I'm not especially concerned about performance or disk space. ;-)