[RndTbl] SourceForge pulling a CNet download.com boneheaded move?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Jun 5 15:43:20 CDT 2015

On 2015-06-05 Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> Have any of you heard about SourceForge's recent takeover/highjacking
> of GIMP for Windows and Nmap?  This was a bit of a shocker to me.  It
> seems to be a way of forcing the inclusion of adware in downloads,
> for popular projects that don't agree to it.

If this is the case, what's the method to get SF programs for Windbloze
that doesn't install unwantedware?  Surely there's a workaround?

Ya, like Wyatt said, the worst thing is the fake download buttons that
take you to unwantedware sites.  Doesn't trick us MUUGers, but 99% of my
customers fall for it, and guess who gets to clean it up...