[RndTbl] math puzzle with U of M solution

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed Dec 9 17:37:27 CST 2015

As discussed at the meeting last night.  Here's a fun math problem where
the solution was submitted by a U of M student to Mike 20 years ago.  Not
often Winnipeg gets mentioned in international press!

And the solution is even more nuts than I said last night: you also have
to use imaginary numbers!

Linux Mag makes you pay $2.95 paypal to read the whole article (you can
read the first bit free).  Worth it if you're interested.  I think if you
wait a few months they release the article for free.

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2015/179/Perl-Math-Problems