[RndTbl] [Board] Units(1) for RTFM?

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue Apr 21 15:20:21 CDT 2015

Here's a fun one to try...

	units -v lightyear "light year"

Confused?  Try "units -v" on each of the terms individually, and the
results might be enlightening, albeit a bit time-consuming.  (Sorry, I
couldn't resist.)

Astronomy geeks might want to browse the units.dat file (RTFM), to find
out just how many ways you can define a year!  :P

And speaking of RTFM, +1 for units as a future RTFM topic.

Gilbert

On 21/04/2015 10:38 AM, Michael Doob wrote:
> So you can also compute how many feet light travels in a nanosecond
> (Try it; you can remember the answer with less than 2% error).

RIP Grace Hopper!  (Look it up if you're too young to remember.)

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
Manitoba UNIX User Group	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/