[RndTbl] weird ssd image issue

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Oct 31 05:48:44 CDT 2014

I answered my one of my own questions with a few tests:

Using a SATA2 3Gb/s cable on a 6G port and 6G drive results in 6G
speed selected (with modern 2 year-old Intel ICH anyhow).  Yikes!

root at sysresccd /root % smartctl -a /dev/sda |grep -i sata
SATA Version is:  SATA 3.1, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 6.0 Gb/s)

As for spurious corrupted data on the wrong cable, my tests so far have
been inconclusive (and a bit bewildering).  It would seem dying SSDs
can spit back wonky data even when they aren't reading the sector that
is damaged!