[RndTbl] weird cert problem

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Nov 21 06:17:08 CST 2014

I get an error too with Firefox 30.0 and Firefox 33.1.1 on Windows 7,
but not with Firefox ESR 31.2.0 on RHEL 5, nor with IE 11 on Win7.  With
FF 30.0, it didn't even give me a chance to look at the cert or add an
exception, but after updating to 33.1.1 I could. It's an Entrust, Inc.
certificate, which doesn't seem like a no-name CA to me, particularly
since many browsers accept it without complaint.  Maybe some Windows
builds of Firefox are missing some root CAs or have a bug that prevent
them from parsing all of the root CAs correctly?  Doesn't look like a
MitM attack in any case.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/