[RndTbl] Ksh scripting, named pipes

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Mar 1 17:07:57 CST 2014

Yes. The paradigm is usually one reader. You can have many writers, and I do that all the time in my scripts, but only one reader. The proper paradigm is to change your scripts around so you have one reader that can then control or start your two previous readers.

You could also have an intermediate reader that then makes the decision which of two further fifos to write two, one for each of your other two previous readers. The best answer depends on what you're really trying to achieve with all this.