[RndTbl] Mike Pfaiffer

Robert Dyck rbdyck2 at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 1 00:09:57 CDT 2014

Mike has cirrhosis of the liver. Ironic since he never touched a drop of
alcohol in his life. In fact, he got ill at the very scent of alcohol.
When I volunteered with him, if I used isopropyl alcohol to clean a
computer, he had to leave the room until the alcohol cleared. It turned
out that was a symptom of cirrhosis of the liver.

Doctors looked at a rare inherited condition. Last time I exchanged
email with him, they hadn't confirmed the source cause. By the time they
figured out it was cirrhosis, it was acute. He was too ill to volunteer.
His doctors tried to get him a liver transplant, but that was too late.
Before they could arrange the operation, he died.

His online obituary.

http://passages.winnipegfreepress.com/passage-details/id-204570/name-Mic
hael_Pfaiffer/min-run-date-1374901200/order-publish_date%7CDESC,last_nam
e%7CASC/

I still miss Mike.

Robert Dyck