[RndTbl] Looking for a used computer to upgrade a Pentium 4 3.0 GHz

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 20:03:28 CST 2014

Is it possible to find a reasonably-priced used machine to replace the
above with a Core 2 Duo (or better, or AMD equivalent)? That is, if it's
$400 for a used machine, I might as well spend a few bucks more and get
something new.

Memory Express has refurbished machines for as low as $139 (see
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX45064), but no stock in Winnipeg.

Anyone got anything? It's for a retired couple, and I'd like to upgrade
them from XP to Win7 and something a little faster.

Kevin