[RndTbl] fire alarms

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed Dec 17 15:31:57 CST 2014

OK, completely 100% off-topic, not even remotely unix related.  But
where else can I get the ear of a bunch of Winnipeggers?

Where the @#%^@ do I recycle fire alarms?  E-waste won't take it
because it contains hazardous material.  Nothing on the City of
Winnipeg site mentions fire alarms, even in their search function.
Google doesn't know.  The normal liquid-hazardous-waste place doesn't
list them as acceptable.

So what does one do with these things that contain radioactive
material?  Next step: garbage, as I'm sure 99.9% of Winnipeggers do.