[RndTbl] Help with pv?

Kevin McGregor kevin.a.mcgregor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 15:21:45 CST 2014

1. Check
2. Check
3. No reset command, apparently, on Solaris 11.2
4. -b is block size. The default is 1024 bytes. Throughput is ~79 MB/s as
compared with the ssh method I started with, which gave 112 MB/s. A larger
blocksize makes a big difference.
5. vi works great!

I left off the -c and -N options, and the mildly mangled output seemed
roughly as expected. I'll fiddle some more tomorrow.