[RndTbl] reliable way of counting real CPUs under Linux?

Grigory Shamov Grigory.Shamov at umanitoba.ca
Mon Apr 21 09:02:31 CDT 2014

Dear Gilbert,

On 14-04-17 4:33 PM, "Gilbert E. Detillieux" <gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca>
wrote:

>On 17/04/2014 4:01 PM, Grigory Shamov wrote:
>> Hi Gilbert,
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> There is a lot of advice there for sure. For example, The 'ht' flag is
>> always there on our AMD Opterons (Shaghais and Barcelonas), even they do
>> not have HT enabled. I'd think that 'ht' it is always there in any
>> SMP-enabled linux kernel?
>
>More likely, it's always there for any processor that supports HT,
>whether it's currently enabled or not.

Do you know if AMD Opterons support HT?

model name	: Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2376
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 *ht* etc. etc.

model name	: Six-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2431

--
Grigory Shamov

HPC Analyst, Westgrid/Compute Canada
E2-588 EITC Building, University of Manitoba
(204) 474-9625