[RndTbl] Linux distro for Pentium III

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Oct 8 17:23:14 CDT 2013

On 2013-10-07 Mark Jenkins wrote:
> Video playback and Adobe Flash support probably will be bad to
> non-existent though. (And old Adobe Flash plugin for Firefox is a
> dead end anyway in terms of future security support, the Adobe Flash
> support baked into Google Chrome is going to continue to be

Is it?  I hadn't heard that.  You mean my Firefox on Linux is
vulnerable right now because of outdated Flash?  Am I *forced* to use
Chrome now?

As for distro, the problem is probably just the lack of good 3D support
on old hardware for the stupid modern GNOME3's and Unity.  If it was
me, I'd do a Fedora install but do a minimal install (no X) and add X +
XFCE and the bare minimum I need.  XFCE in 2D mode will run just fine
on that laptop.