[RndTbl] Summer project

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 15:16:13 CDT 2013

On 13-03-29 02:25 PM, Colin Stanners wrote:
> I couldn't find SMCWLAN-G but I found SMCWPCI-G; there's apparently 2
> versions of the card, one with Atheros 5005G chipset (well supported
> under all OSes incl Win7) and one with RTL8185L chipset - support of
> that under Win7 is debated. Which cards do you have? Also since most
> drivers are supplied as .INFs they shouldn't be able to ask for a
> specific OS?

	Now that I think about it you are correct with your version of the
name. The one I was having trouble with is likely to be the RTL chipset.
That driver actually installed but did nothing. We'll have to check next
Friday to see if we have a mix or just a single chipset... Worst case we
just remove the ones which don't work and have a wired connection to
those machines until replacements arrive.

	I'll pass this info along as well. We have two volunteers living in the
area who sometimes drop by during the week. They can check it out during
the class breaks.

				Later
				Mike