[RndTbl] recommendations for good linux web server based photo gallery software?

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jun 7 15:29:00 CDT 2013

On 06/07/2013 03:20 PM, Adam Thompson wrote:

> Wow... someone who actually manages to live with SELinux in production
> on a non-trivial server?!?

It ain't easy, but it can be done.  Whether the benefit is worth the
effort is still an open question, though.  I'm pretty much convinced
that for a Fedora system, where things are in more of a state of flux,
it's almost definitely not worth the effort, and SELinux can actually be
harmful.  I've had a couple updates in Fedora go horribly wrong because
of SELinux conflicts - so badly in fact that I ended up reinstalling
rather than trying to fix things.  But with RHEL it's been mostly solid,
and really just needed tweaking for web-based services where things are
REALLY locked down by default.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/