[RndTbl] UPS batteries

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at marityme.net
Thu Jan 31 19:03:14 CST 2013

 Several years ago, when I was being kept awake at night by incessantly
beeping/screeching APC Back-UPS XS-800 units (two of them) just because
their batteries were near end-of-life (as if I have to be told every 5
minutes 24/7!!!), I did some Internet research on the matter.  The
APC programming options on these units didn't allow override of this
beeping/screeching, but cutting the speaker/squeaker wires sure works!

The primary recommendation at that time for more sensibly programmed (and
overrideable) UPS's at the low price-point was CyberPower.  I have since
then seen CyberPower units attractively priced at tigerdirect.ca many times.

In addition to my two APC Back-UPS XS-800 (800 VA / 540 watt) units
(battery model # RBC32), I also have an APC Back-UPS XS-1300 (1300 VA / 780
watt) unit (battery model # RBC109), all with dead batteries.  The APC
Back-UPS XS-1300 has a nice reddish (LCD/LED?) little rectangular
text/graphical screen, and I think the beeping/screeching can be overridden.

Anyone want to buy any or all of these 3 units?  They are in mint condition
and were working properly before the batteries died.

Hartmut Sager - Tel +1-204-339-8331