[RndTbl] Awwwwww. Raspberry Pi?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed Jan 30 07:01:22 CST 2013

On 2013-01-29 Kevin McGregor wrote:
> 1. Maybe it's the power supply. These ones are known for going bad.
> Anyone want to try to fix it? Hey -- that would be a cool
> presentation: Fix a SheevaPlug PS in real-time and see if we can get
> the thing to boot! Okay, maybe not.

Wait for it.... It could be bad caps!  I've started seeing a lot of
brick-type power supplies get bad caps.  Like we needed another thing
to worry about.  My KVM switch was doing really weird things, like
causing mouse scrolls when I used my paper shredder(!!!), until it
finally died.  Opened up the KVM (was ok) and PS and the brick had bad
caps!  Well, usually just 1 cap in those things.

They are hard to crack open as they are glued usually, but if you don't
care about cosmetics, it is possible and quite easy to fix once open.

Stupid cap companies and the stupid companies that buy stupid caps!!
Spend the extra 5c for *!#@% sakes.</rant>