[RndTbl] My Shaw Broadband 50 turned into Dial-up

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Wed Jan 2 20:12:18 CST 2013

On 2013-01-02 Bradford Vokey wrote:
> Shaw techs are not available to come to my house until Sunday January
> 6th!My download speeds are around 1.5 Mbps.

Try a different cable.  Blow out the ends for dust.

Power cycle the modem.

Power cycle the computer.

Do you have a different NIC to try for eth0?  I'll probably have to
help you change it without Fedora screwing up the other 2 NIC's
numbering.

I'd try all that before getting the Shaw guy out.

And since when is 1.5Mbps dial-up? :-)  How quickly you forget the
33.6kbps modem days...