[RndTbl] bash script for printing lines that don't match?

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Tue Sep 18 12:13:55 CDT 2012

I think I've asked this in the past but try as I might I can't
remember what the answer was or figure out how I solved it before.

I have 2 files that are nearly identical and I need to know which
lines in the two files do _not_ match.

I can think of some relatively complex loops with grep etc. which
would probably work (for every line in file A, grep in file B etc.)
solve the problem but I'm hoping for something more elegant.

I thought at first that perhaps "join" would do it but even though it
will provide left and right joins, there is no way to prevent it from
outputting the matching lines.

Any ideas?

John