[RndTbl] LTSP demo

Mike Pfaiffer high.res.mike at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:16:26 CDT 2012

	I mentioned this at last nights meeting. This is just a follow-up. Not
necessarily a MUUG thing but a Linux thing none the less.

	At next months MWCS meeting on November 6'th (one week before the MUUG
meeting) I will be giving a demo of a working LTSP system. I will spend
10 minutes describing the process I used to get it working and the rest
of the evening will be an exploration of the system. If there is an
expert reading this post who would like to contribute, feel free to drop
by and take over after I do my bit.

	The address for the meeting will be 3390 Portage Avenue on the South
side (between Westwood and Caviller - I think that's the general area).
Land marks are the Safeway and McCardboard on the North side of Portage
as well as the Princess Auto and Giant Tiger a block or so to the East
on the South side. The time is 7:00 - 9:00 sharp. Parking is in the rear
of the church. Enter through the back door and head down stairs.

	A bit about what to expect from the MWCS. The group is a generic
computer club. We don't care what sort of computer people run. The
ability level of the club is somewhat less than that of the MUUG. It is
also substantially smaller than the MUUG with resources to match. We
don't even have an internet connection available to us. The MWCS web
page can be found at http://mwcs.mb.ca.

	For follow-up... Questions about the LTSP can (and logically should) be
handled through the mailing list. Questions about the MWCS will be
handled privately through e-mail.

				Later
				Mike