[RndTbl] resizing an SD card image?

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Tue Nov 20 14:27:28 CST 2012

On 2012-11-20 Grigory Shamov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any easy way to resize a bootable image for SD card? There are ready
> Linux images for booting on Android devices, like MK802. The problem
> is, 1) sometimes you don't have a card for that size (say 4Gb image,

Hmm, couldn't you use gparted?  I think almost for sure this would work
for ext2/3/4, not sure about FAT32?

If gparted can't do an image (probably can't) then you could dd the
image to a block device (like a USB stick), run gparted and resize,
then dd it back in to an image file.

I'm assuming this won't mess up the boot pointers into the fs.  Should
be fine for grows.  Shrinks should work if the bootable bits are at the
beginning.

Or am I out to lunch here?